Behold! Displaying 0 offer for unknown
You have 1 offer from and from other providers
- Credit Cards
- Who we work with
- Spending fee: Every time you spend using a regular credit or debit card a standard spending fee can be applied. This means you could be spending more on a fee than the actual purchase itself!
- Load fee: This is the percentage charge added on by both card provider and issuer (Visa, Mastercard or AMEX) on top of the exchange rate conversion from pounds to the local currency, or vice versa
- ATM withdrawal fee: This is the percentage charge for any cash withdrawals that occur while you’re abroad
- Always spend in the local currency: When given the option, choose the local currency for purchases. Your travel credit card will perform the conversion itself at a low rate
- Spend rather than withdraw: Whilst the withdrawal fee might be smaller than a regular credit or debit card, spending will avoid any withdrawal charges completely
- Repay every month in full: To make the most of the savings you’ve made on holiday, it’s best to pay it off in full every month to avoid additional interest
Compare Travel Credit Cards
Are you looking to save money on purchases abroad? Taking out a travel credit card is a great way to ensure you aren’t stung by hidden charges and poor exchange rates that can be added automatically. This means when you’ve travelled all the way to an Indian subcontinent in the search for shampoo to make your moustache particularly luscious, you won’t be overcharged.
What is a travel credit card?
A travel credit card is the same as a regular credit card, but it will protect you from hidden fees that often get added on by the card provider. These can include:
By using a travel credit card you often get the best exchange rate on spending, as well as completely avoid any spending fees that are tacked onto every purchase. Over the course of a holiday, you can be safe in the knowledge you aren’t being excessively charged by your provider, and you only pay for the items your purchase.
How does a travel credit card work?
A travel credit card will help protect you against any hidden charges and expensive exchange rates, but if you use it wisely you can also actively avoid charges too. Follow these steps when using your travel credit card to save money while spending abroad:
Not quite sure which travel credit card is best for you? Try our moneymatcher comparison tool. By taking a couple of key details, we can find you the most relevant credit cards for you, rather than leaving you to scour online. Added bonus: it’s completely free and won’t affect your credit score.
Our credit card providers
We work with a huge range of providers to give you a wide selection of
financial products, ensuring you can find a credit card that is right for
Each provider is screened to make sure they meet our high standards before we agree to work with them. This ensures that you can trust them as much as we do, allowing you to find the best product from a reputable source.
Our range of credit card providers will allow you to choose between different card types including 0% balance transfer, 0% purchase, rewards, credit builder, gold & premium, travel, air miles, low rate and cashback. Our moneymatcher comparison tool will allow you to narrow down your search and pick out the right credit card for you.
Have a look at our provider pages to see our full list of credit card providers.
Witness the wisdom
How to use Money Guru
Money Guru is a comparer of loans, credit cards, mortgages, current accounts, savings and investments, business banking and business loans. With our moneymatcher you can narrow down your search and find the right option for you.
- Use moneymatcher to check your eligibility
- Compare the latest products and find the best option for you
- A huge panel of lenders and providers to choose from
- Wisdom articles and insights to help you make an informed decision
- Check MyAccount to view your results at any time