How online lending is evolving in the digital age
Gone are the days of heading down to the bank, cap in hand, to get a personal loan from your bank manager – now it can all be done from the comfort of your own home.
Seeking out a loan has a number of benefits and can end up saving a lot of your time. Rejoice, because I’m here to unlock the mysteries of online loans and their totally cosmic benefits.
Four top benefits of online lending
- Convenience – online loans are typically quick loans. They allow you to apply from the comfort of your own home, whenever you have a spare ten minutes. You can start the process in front of the TV or sitting on your yoga mat.
- Technology – applying online allows you to take advantage of the latest tech developments, lenders can often link to your bank account, and you’ll be able to compare the best loans available to you. It’s also very easy to keep track of your application online.
- 24/7 – you can apply any time of day and any day of the year (including bank holidays). Applying for a loan in person often requires you to make an appointment and then you’re restricted by opening times.
- Privacy – you may want to play your financial matters close to your chest. Completing the application from your own home means you won’t bump into anyone you know while you’re queuing for a loan.
There are many myths surrounding online loans, so allow me to point out two that are just plain wrong:
- You can only apply for an online loan during business hours. Wrong – the only part of the process dependent on business hours is the transfer of money into your bank account.
- You need to have online banking set up to receive any finance online. Wrong – all you need is to have a UK bank account that accepts deposits.
Personal loans, small loans, payday loans, peer-to-peer lending – the world of online loans can seem like a minefield sometimes. If you need more straightforward and simple guidance, visit my Wisdom Section. Seek and you shall find, my friend.
Published on 22nd May 2017